Wavegarden works in the exact same way an ocean wave does. A mass of water is systematically moved over a surface that causes the wave to form and then fold on itself – just like a wave breaking over a reef or sand bar. The difference is that Wavegarden can regulate the size and speed of the wave at will, making it engaging for all different skill levels, from beginner to ripper.
This technology has been fully and exclusively developed by Wavegarden, which owns the patent. The ground breaking technology is based on an innovative hydrodynamic Wavefoil and a revolutionary wave lagoon design which creates two perfect barreling waves at the same time.
The state of the art Wavefoil generator has been proven to be more reliable and to require significantly less energy than existing wave generating technologies and those that are still in conceptual design stage.
The Wavegarden technology has secured all the necessary quality and safety certifications through strong partnerships with leading industry firms.
Robust design combined with high quality mechanically engineered components maximizes the lifetime of the system and reduces maintenance costs. Building on our many years of experience Wavegarden can provide guaranteed technical support and the specialized maintenance services required to ensure the long term successful operation of this large-scale facility.
- Energy consumption is much lower than existing wave generation technologies. This proposition, unique to Wavegarden, allows profitable surfing-based sports & lifestyle facilities for the first time ever.
- Wavegarden can operate multiple waves simultaneously within the same facility, catering to advanced surfers, beginners, and children all at the same time.
- The length of the Wavegarden wave is only limited by the size of the available land.
- The wave is formed cleanly and breaks as a tube.
- Wavegarden is specifically designed to blend into natural settings.
- Wavegarden can create linear or curved breaks to adjust to the morphology of the land.
- Each break can be a wave that starts and ends, or as a closed loop that generates an endless wave.
- Wavegarden’s unique technology enables the waves to be modified and customised any time. Waves can be consistently identical or there can be small variations at any point or moment of the break. These variations are programmed so that the surfer may or may not know that they are going to occur.
- A custom study for each facility is performed to define all these factors.